Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summer Romance


Bodycon | H&M
Beaded Dress | Urban Outfitters
Heels | BCBG (borrowed)

Doesn't this dress shout boho summer romance? I'm not exactly sure what that even means and no, I haven't had a summer romance, but it seems like a fitting phrase for this outfit. Gorgeous, gorgeous. This is my 2014 summer investment piece. Every year I make a higher end purchase, something that I can pass on to even my children's children. This one is this year's purchase. Thankfully, I got it on triple sale (woo hoo)! As for the space, when I saw this location I thought..." must-do-photoshoot!"

Unfortunately, there is nothing quite ethical about this outfit, so let's talk about the strides these retailers have taken towards an increased responsibility in their clothing's impact. Urban Outfitters isn't known for their social responsibility, but they did start carrying organic cotton basics, a few community initiative pieces, and an overly priced upcycled line, Urban Renewal.  As far as H&M, they were one of the big fashion stores to initiate the The Bangladesh Accord.  However, what critics are now asking is, "How much this has actually changed the fashion industry?" . As far as their retail end, they have their totally fantastic Conscious Collection, but unfortunately this bodycon is not part of it. I scoured the store for a Conscious Collection basic bodycon and couldn't find one, so I left with this because I needed it in a short time frame.  I'm looking forward to H&M going all out with their Conscious Collection. Yes, I am willing to pay more for clothing that uplifts communities and helps preserve our Earth.


In Summer Light,
Christine


P.S. Insta-insta! Instagram @beyoutfiulhope

13 comments:

  1. I love the idea of investing on a dress/clothing that has a potential to pass in by generation.. ;) So much info, I didn't know these brands has this kind of collection. Anyway, I miss you so much... can't get a hand on my phone to "line" you... :*


    cassiecadiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely maxi dress!! Love the pretty little delicate detailing. You look beautiful.

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is lovely and you look gorgeous. It's a pity, but I consider that those actions by retailers are simple social marketing. I don't think they are really effective.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress, you look so chic. The blog is also looking very sleek, nice work.

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello lovely, thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    Great post thanks for sharing - gorgeous dress, you look amazing!! <3

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog- I'm so glad you did because it led me here! You have a lovely, LOVELY blog! I love your posts, especially this one. This bead dress is absolutely stunning- I highly approve :)!! I look forward to more posts from you for sure!
    Stay "Beyoutiful",
    Teryn!
    http://www.diariesofarucksack.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, thanks for the comment on my blog :) And yes, I will certainly add real flowers as I'm quite obsessed with anything floral :)

    Your blog looks great and I like this dress of yours ^^ Do have more outfit post as the backdrop looks amazing & artistic <3

    I have followed you and lemme know if you'd like to follow each other :) x

    http://zhixingeralyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely stunning dress, wauw! :)

    /Cindi

    www.cherriesandsunflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh woww!Amazing sheer dress! Thanks for your lovely comment in my blog! I am now following you to keep in touch with your recent updates!
    xx
    http://timeless-look.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word. This dress is honestly the most gorgeous thing ever. And it looks beautiful on you. The detail is just stunning:) Hmm you do bring up an interesting point: How fashion/clothing actually has an effect on impact on others. I guess with the whole Urban Outfitters, the promoting skinniness actually does have an impact on young girls, etc. You think that it is the celebraties, tv shows, and stuff that influences us but it can also be the fashion too! Sorry for the ramblings... hehe
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty - love your sheet dress. It looks perfect on you. Have a beautiful weekend!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. que guapa estas!! me encanta tu outfit de hoy, es muy elegante y con un toque romantico :) y las fotos preciosas!!
    un besotee enormee reina!!!

    http://baulderaquel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this dress is so gorgeous! Love the soft colors of it.

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the lovely comment. God bless & stay Be-you-tiful!